Known Bugs/Issues in 3.0
- 04/03/30 - RedHat references still abound in up2date
- Tom Valdes reminded me that I should list up2date so that folks know
they don't need to send in RedHat sightings for it. :)
- 04/02/10 - Trademark issue in Anaconda
- david d zuhn reports that an install via serial port still has a RH
reference... along with a harmless easter egg.
- 04/02/04 - rpmdb-whitebox broken
- Some paths in /etc/rpm/macros.solve point to a redhat dir instead
of a a whitebox path... which is where the actual files now are. Not
good. Spotted by William Hooper, who also posted a fix so a new package will
come as soon as I get the update1 stuff out.
- 03/12/23 - /dosutils missing most files
- Seems they went missing for RC2 and it was only spotted now by
Milan Kerslager. If you need fips, rawrite and friends grab any of
your old Red Hat CD's or RC1. Or download
a copy of the missing files here. They will of course return when an updated
set of .iso files become available, probably in the update2 timeframe.
- 03/12/18 - 3.0 fixed posted
- 03/12/18 - Brown Paper Bag
The i686 packages for glibc and nptl-devel were accidentally left
out. Replacement images are going up. If you have already downloaded
you can just download the two missing packages and force install them.
Yum and or up2date should grab the updated comps and rpmdb-whitebox
Thanks to Tres Seaver for spotting this on Day One while trashing
the original release and dropping a replacement was a viable option.
- 03/12/02 -
gettext is missing
This file was present in RC1, built on taroon-beta but didn't
build on WBEL-RC1. The final release contains the good package from RC1
but a longterm solution is needed in the event of an errata release.
04/03/08 Update: Lance Davis from the
centos rebuild effort writes to say
a properly installed Sun JDK will get a clean build.
- 03/11/14 -
tora has linking problems.
/usr/lib/tora/toworksheet.tso should be linked to
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5. Contributed by Michael Redinger.
Now believed to work with the Free databases, but without a plugin for
Oracle. Will try adding the free Oracle dev kit and rebuilding.
Update 03/12/16: 3CD's is a bit much right now. Maybe later.
- 03/12/17 - Version 3.0 Posted
- Please remember to change the default up2date source in
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources to avoid DDOSing this site!
View the bug list for 3.0-RC2